- The Plastic Alternative
- Agents of Change
- How “double dipping” misses the point – reflections on the last decade of PPL policies
- Clawing back creativity
- The selfie that really raises breast cancer awareness
- Cutting into gender discrimination
- Heigh-ho heigh-ho it’s off to work I go… if I can get childcare!
- If you enjoyed reading this blog please do me the courtesy of letting me know by liking the greenleftyidealist facebook page and/or commenting on or rating posts you read.
Monthly Archives: January 2011
More and more lately I feel like the odd one out. It used to be that only the serious music lover or band fanatic was continually plugged into their music. Now the iPod, iPhone and their various imitations are everywhere you … Continue reading
Psychologists have referred to the idea of learned helplessness when discussing some cases of poverty around the world. Faced unrelentingly with tremendous hardship many people begin to believe that there is nothing that they can do to change their circumstances. But it … Continue reading
Film and literature drum into us that to live a full and meaningful life, we must avoid the ordinary. Everything from Robert Frost’s The Road not Taken to more recent films like Dead Poets Society, where Mr Keating implores his students … Continue reading