- The Plastic Alternative
- Agents of Change
- How “double dipping” misses the point – reflections on the last decade of PPL policies
- Clawing back creativity
- The selfie that really raises breast cancer awareness
- Cutting into gender discrimination
- Heigh-ho heigh-ho it’s off to work I go… if I can get childcare!
- If you enjoyed reading this blog please do me the courtesy of letting me know by liking the greenleftyidealist facebook page and/or commenting on or rating posts you read.
Monthly Archives: February 2011
There has been a lot of social commentary on the idea that there are kids growing up in the developed world today who don’t know how to play. Kids of varying ages spend hours each day staring at TV shows, … Continue reading
Just over a month ago I climbed up the Christchurch Cathedral Spire with my family. I looked out onto Cathedral Square and appreciated the beauty of the city. We took the boys for a ride on the hop on/hop off … Continue reading
Where has all the competition gone? Competition just seems to fade from your life when you’re an adult. Unless you participate in a team sport or battle it out in the courtroom for your job, it feels like the thrill of competition … Continue reading
January 26. Australia Day. The day we’re all suppossed to feel a sense of unity and pride in being Australian. A day that brings us together. A day to celebrate who we are as a nation. I’ve given myself about … Continue reading
My son has a nice sense of identity at the moment. For the past year or so he has been going to a community music class for preschoolers with his Grandma, aunt and cousin. One of the things they do … Continue reading