- The Plastic Alternative
- Agents of Change
- How “double dipping” misses the point – reflections on the last decade of PPL policies
- Clawing back creativity
- The selfie that really raises breast cancer awareness
- Cutting into gender discrimination
- Heigh-ho heigh-ho it’s off to work I go… if I can get childcare!
- If you enjoyed reading this blog please do me the courtesy of letting me know by liking the greenleftyidealist facebook page and/or commenting on or rating posts you read.
Category Archives: identity
Almost everyone will have been confronted with the phenomenon of the “no makeup selfie” raising awareness for breast cancer. They’re everywhere on social media accompanied with the usual hash tags – #nomakeupselfie, #beatcancersooner #breastcancerawreness. There’s been a lot of commentary … Continue reading
Like many people I have suffered “awareness day fatigue”. There is red ribbon day, white ribbon day, pink ribbon day and teal ribbon day; all important in their own right, but the list of awareness colours does go on and … Continue reading
When I was expecting my first daughter after having two sons I knew I’d have to confront my issues with pink. It’s pretty much impossible to have a daughter and not to have to dress them in pink at some … Continue reading
I have never been particularly driven by beauty. I am in no way glamorous, and rarely look polished – with ‘just so’ hair and make up or a crisply ironed outfit. I am what you might call ‘practically driven’, and … Continue reading