- The Plastic Alternative
- Agents of Change
- How “double dipping” misses the point – reflections on the last decade of PPL policies
- Clawing back creativity
- The selfie that really raises breast cancer awareness
- Cutting into gender discrimination
- Heigh-ho heigh-ho it’s off to work I go… if I can get childcare!
- If you enjoyed reading this blog please do me the courtesy of letting me know by liking the greenleftyidealist facebook page and/or commenting on or rating posts you read.
Category Archives: parenting
Over the past decade I’ve had four kids. With each addition, I’ve become more and more aware of the issues facing women (particularly regarding balancing paid work and caring roles) in Australia and thus with each one, I’ve become more … Continue reading
Recently I took my three kids to get haircuts. It was my 21 month old daughter’s first one. Like all my kids she had very little hair at birth and even with almost 2 years of growth her hair was … Continue reading
Childcare: It’s a vexed issue. Do you? Don’t you? And if you manage to get beyond the initial loaded question of whether to put your kids in care then there’s a whole barrage of other issues waiting for you. With … Continue reading
Like many people I have suffered “awareness day fatigue”. There is red ribbon day, white ribbon day, pink ribbon day and teal ribbon day; all important in their own right, but the list of awareness colours does go on and … Continue reading
Wrapping or swaddling babies has traditionally been used as a means to help settle them to sleep. Wrapping is thought to mimic the atmosphere of the womb and confines the limbs of young babies to avoid the ‘moro’ or startle … Continue reading
Apparently the male breadwinner is alive and kicking in Australia. This comes as no surprise. The latest statistics show that women make up just 35% of the full time work force in Australia but women comprise the majority (70%) of … Continue reading